When you are trying to get your finances in order and you sit down to create a budget, it often feels like you are giving up a ton of the things you love. For many people, things like eating out, have to be one of the first things to go. Frequently dining out can be a huge monthly expense.
Although it can be super important to get out and spend some quality one-on-one time with your spouse or significant other, you don’t have to spend a ton of money at a restaurant to do that.
Make It A Date Night
Think of some no-spend ways to get out of the house for a bit just to get away together, then come home and recreate your favorite restaurant style meals at home. Have fun trying to recreate the recipes yourself or turn to the internet and find an amazing copycat recipe.
I have found some of my favorite copycat recipes that I am sharing below. These are amazing and taste just like they were made in the restaurant, but at a fraction of the cost.
If you are having a hard time coming up with ideas of things to do without spending any money, go to Pinterest and search “no spend date ideas”. You will find a ton of clever ideas to keep you busy and keep your budget happy.
Copycat Appetizers and Side Dish Recipes
- Panera’s Mac’n Cheese by Amanda’s Cookin’
- Texas Roadhouse Rolls by Deliciously Yum
- Pizza Hut Breadsticks by Plain Chicken
- KFC Coleslaw by Pear Tree Kitchen
- Red Lobster Biscuits by Creations by Kara
- Chili’s Skillet Queso Dip by Cupcake Diaries
- Applebee’s Spinach Artichoke Dip by The Cozy Cook
- Olive Garden Breadsticks by Cincy Shopper
- Outback Bloomin Onion by Domestic Superhero
- Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles by All She Cooks
You may also be interested in checking out my post 10 Cheap Meals on a Budget.
Copycat Main Dish Recipes
- Chili’s Molten Lava Cake by Life In The Lofthouse
- Cracker Barrel Fried Apple Recipe by i Save A to Z
- The Cheesecake Factory Original Cheesecake by Southern Living
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Stix by The Slow Roasted Italian
- Wendy’s Frosty by Mom Foodie
- Krispy Kreme Glazed Donuts by The Worktop
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls by Twins In Town
- Starbucks Lemon Loaf by Food Chase
- Applebee’s Blondies with Butter Sauce by The Country Cook
- TGI Friday’s Vanilla Bean Cheesecake by My Heavenly Recipes
If you have some favorite copycat recipes or some no-spend activities that you would like to share, I would love to hear about them. Feel free to leave a comment below.